Hoedown Star RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This contest is open to persons of all ages. Contestants under the age of 18 years old may participate only with the consent of their parent or guardian who must evidence such consent.
2. Contestants must be amateur singers or entertainers, or be persons who may be involved within the entertainment industry as singers or entertainers on a part-time basis, and do not belong to any professional organization(s) connected with the entertainment industry.
3. All personal details and information requested by each contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Management reserves the right to disqualify any contestant from the competition or auditioning process in its sole discretion, should the contestant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or should the contestant be ineligible for the competition pursuant to these rules.
4. By entering into this contest, each contestant represents and warrants his or her compliance with these rules and regulations. No contestant will be permitted to audition unless he or she has acknowledged and agreed to these rules and regulations.
5. By entering, each contestant agrees that Hoedown in the Holler have the right to use their names, likenesses, and images of all persons performing for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity.
6. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges.
7. Contestants, and/or their family or associates who exhibit offensive behavior during any portion of the contest may result in the disqualification of that contestant from further competition. Offensive behavior includes poor sportsmanship, bad manners, and lack of decorum.
Entry, Scoring and Judging
8. Hoedown Star is an online contest. Each contestant must submit a video on the Hoedown in the Holler Facebook page.
9. A contestant may only perform as a solo act. No band or group performances will be permitted.
10. Contestants must supply their own background tracks on a single CD. Background music must be free of background singers, only musical band instruments are acceptable. Contestants may play guitar or other handheld portable instruments.
11. The time limit for each contestant is 5 minutes. Contestant may submit only one song for voting. The song submitted must be the song to be performed should the contestant be in the semi-finals.
12. Contestants may sing the same song as another contestant.
13. Only one video submission per contestant will be accepted.
14. Contestants must use their own vocals, no lip syncing.
15. There is no fee to enter the contest.
16. Hoedown Star semi-finalists will be selected by a Text to Vote tally. Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges.
a. Only one vote per mobile device. Multiple votes will not be accepted or tabulated.
17. Semi-finalists will be scored by judges using a 50-point system:
* Vocal Ability (rhythm/pitch/phrasing): 1-30 points
* Stage Presence (movement/confidence/command): 1-10 points
* Appearance (costume/attire): 1-10 points
19. Top 3 finalists must have an in person audition.
20. Finalists will be announced Friday, September 21 and must return for the finals on Saturday, September 22. If you are unable to perform on Saturday, that is considered a forfeit.
21. All decisions and interpretations regarding the contest, its rules, and the selection of the winner remain with the judges are final.
22. The Hoedown Star finalists will receive 4 tickets to Hoedown in the Holler on Saturday, September 22. The winner will perform on the Main Stage on Saturday, September 22 prior to the headliner's performance. Winner will also receive a Meet & Greet with headliner.
23. Winner(s) must provide their own transportation to the event, September 21 & 22